Intro : Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started. Summary : The Strategic Response Team is seeking an experienced and agile Program Manager to coordinate company-wide responses to major integrity challenges across the world - from elections integrity to the prevention of offline violence.
The Program Manager will work across functions, including with members of our Leadership team, on our highest priority issues across the company.
Deep knowledge of the political and social dynamics across Latin America is essential in combination with a passion for technology's potential to create opportunity and make the region more open and connected.
As the reach and impact of the Facebook family of companies continues to grow, so does the responsibility we have to protect the safety, security, and human rights of our diverse global community.
We are looking for candidates who have experience working on complex cross-functional projects and quickly creating org-wide partnerships.
The Program Manager role will be responsible for organizing company-wide preparations for elections and responding to escalations around critical events, while simultaneously scoping and leading longer-term programs to build our integrity systems.
Candidates should be highly organized, impact-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced and globally distributed work environment.
Required Skills : 1. Lead company wide preparations to protect the integrity of elections across Latin America.2. Proactively identify process, policy and product gaps and recruit resources to fill them as quickly as possible.
3. Absorb a significant amount of information and synthesize it into clear product, policy, and process requirements.4. Work across teams to identify potential integrity risks and drive the creation of solutions to solve them.
5. Develop and coordinate company-wide strategies to protect elections integrity on our platforms in multiple countries simultaneously from start to finish.
6. Manage high profile escalations within the company including : chairing cross-functional meetings, aligning decision-makers, and escalating issues to leadership for decision as needed.
7. Regularly communicate progress and challenges to leadership.8. Travel will be required between company headquarters and the Latin America region.
Minimum Qualifications : 9. 10+ years of program management experience with a Bachelor's degree.10. Knowledge of geo-political issues in LATAM, how they intersect with Facebook, and the possible impacts real world events will have on the safety of the community.
11. Experience working with cross-functional partners in the 12. Experience managing escalations and counseling leadership, running integrity programs and owning stakeholder engagement.
13. Fluency in Spanish. Preferred Qualifications : 14. 12+ years of experience with a 's degree.15. Experience driving and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
16. Experience framing and briefing difficult decisions to senior leadership.17. Fluency in Portuguese. Industry : Internet