Description Are you ready to grow your career and take on a NEW challenge?The Senior Research Associate (SRA) will be part of the Plant Breeding Group located at Pergamino Research Center.
efficient use of resources. Ensures efficient daily operation of laboratories, greenhouse, centralized logistics and / or field activities for a multi crop research (SRA) will be part of the Plant Breeding Group located at Pergamino Research Center.
efficient use of resources. Ensures efficient daily operation of laboratories, greenhouse, centralized logistics and / or field activities for a multi crop research center.
Responsibilities - What You'll Do 1. Plan, organize, and execute Pergamino Multi crop Nursery operations to ensure the most effective use of resources while meeting research / business objectives.
Plan resources (supplies, temporary workers, etc) according to experiment plan, optimize workload. Stay on target across the different crops according to plan.
2. Supervise daily field center activities . planting, rouging, punching, pollinations, harvest, agronomics etc. Ensure execution of Nursery Phenotyping traits.
3. Responsible of specific responsibilities in the Global and Local centralized seed production and experiment preparation scheme (including Regional Inventory Hub Leads ).
4. Lead Pergamino experiments preparation for nursery and testing activities for all crops and all Argentina breeding programs experiments, includes experiment and location creation mapping (All LAAS, nurseries and other crops), ensure replacement are done on the system, seed request and seed shipments.
5. Supervise full time employee's RA and RAs , lead them to ensure the assigned goals are meet.6. Participate in product advancement meetings (voting Corn-Soybean).
Support Variety and Hybrid characterization. Support Testing activities and planning : planting, harvest, applications, etc.
7. Manage an up to date seed inventory across crops at the station.8. Lead Pergamino Laboratory activities regarding disease diagnostician and inoculum production.
Responsible for field Phyto inspections at Pergamino location.9. Manage " MTC" experiments , as needed, that are required for product development in each crop / region10.
Ensure all activities are accomplish following all safety Corteva standards and protocols , participate in the SHE committee, lead the safety program assigned, implement Pergamino Safety plan.
11. Job will require occasional travel and extended hours with weekend work during seasonal workload peaks. The SRA should work to make an efficient planning to balance work-family time of the team.
12. Contribute to team-work at the station level as well as country level. Qualifications Requirements - What You'll Bring + Master's degree in plant breeding or plant genetics or scientific field and 1-2 years industry related experience.
We look forward to seeing your application. Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come.
Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building / participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet.
With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
GrowWhatMatters Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit : Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants : See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our , click here