Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Responsible for the implementation of ABB s Trade Program. Manages Country Trade Operations in close cooperation with the respective ABB Transport Management Center, covering Import and Export transactions and ensure the proper handling of import duty expense and other customs related fees by ABB s business operations.
1. Strategy and planning Provide strategic input to management on footprint and sourcing strategies to maximize use of trade preference agreements and minimize duty costs.
2. Cost and quality Achieve cost reductions through the implementation and use of Trade preference Agreements; Duty Drawback; Bonded warehouses etc.
3. Governance Create, maintain and implement written Country Import and Export compliance procedures in accordance with Group policy and requirements.
Ensure local procedures are established and responsibilities assigned to relevant national regulations. Control procedures
for screening all proposed exports with respect to relevant
export control requirements. Advise senior management of the status of the import and export compliance program as well as relevant changes in import / export laws / regulations.
4. Risk Management Manage risk exposure to fines, penalties, sanctions for noncompliance
5. Training Provide training to the LBU personnel to whom specific trade operations and / or compliance responsibilities have been delegated and implement general training program for all incountry LBU employees.
6. Support Lead the administration of GTS Compliance System deployed by the organization to support the trade compliance process.
7. Audit & Reporting Implement procedures to maintain company / operating-unit Import and Export records in accordance with ABB s Records Management policies.
Conduct selected annual self-audits of the Country Import / Export Control Program. Notify the Global Trade Compliance Officer of sensitive export control cases and follow the necessary guidelines to address and resolve issues.