We are seeking a power system protection engineer to solve challenging technical problems, assist and train customers on SEL products, and become recognized as an industry expert in a fast-growing global company! If you are interested in moving your career toward an exciting and challenging direction, we invite you to apply for the Application Engineer - Protection at SEL! Essential Duties and Responsibilities 1.
Develop expertise in power systems protection, and all related SEL products.2. Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses, email, and telephone contact.
3. Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.4. Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
5. Teach in customer on-site and online visits, SEL University courses, and hands-on seminars for customers and SEL personnel.
6. Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.7. Support the Country and Regional management and serve as the point of contact and decision-maker for your team on technical customer service and support issues.
9. Plan, promote, and organize territory technical customer visits, SELU courses, conferences, seminars, customer technical service, and other marketing / sales activities.
10. Model, teach and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World-Class Manufacturing principles.11. Understand.
Create. Simplify.12. Other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications B.S. in Electrical Engineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience 2+ years' experience in power systems, industry practices, and protection Bilingual in Spanish and English Strong technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skillsAbility to direct daily work activities with limited supervisionWillingness to travel locally and internationally up to 25% of the timeStrong writing, documentation, and speaking skillsAbility to learn new skills and assume new responsibilitiesAbility to work cooperatively in a team environmentBackground check results satisfactory to SELPreferred Qualifications M.
S. in Electrical Engineering or advanced application experience in protectionPublished application guides and technical paper at industry conference or in journalExperience using SEL products Multilingual Location Information This position is located in SEL's Argentina office in Buenos Aires.
An Award Winning Company Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service.
This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL.
It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail. SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SEL invents, designs, and builds digital products and systems that protect power grids around the world. This technology prevents blackouts and enables customers to improve power system reliability and safety at a reduced cost.
A 100 percent employee-owned company headquartered in Pullman, Washington, SEL has manufactured products in the United States since 1984 and now serves customers worldwide.
Our mission is simple : to make electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.