Description We are currently seeking a professional with high-potential profile to develop hybrids and inbreds adapted to Argentina (Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Santa Fé, Entre Ríos, San Luis, La Pampa).
Reporting to Latin AmericaArgentina South Lead, this position is responsible to develop and select breeding populations, lines and hybrids using conventional breeding methods and molecular breeding tools, leading and supporting strategic initiatives.
This position is located at Pergamino. Main responsibilities 1. Lead a Corn Breeding program in order to develop products aligned to the LAAS Argentina target traits.
2. Works in conjunction with Evaluation Zone Lead / Supervisor to establish project goals consistent with business unit goals which reflect internal and external customer needs.
3. Ensure to use the appropriate resource allocations to meet research projects goals and develop plans for alternative solutions or alternative ways to use available resources.
4. Lead the genetic prediction strategy for the Corn Breeding program. Design estimation sets and deploy strategies to ensure appropriate germplasm is sampled.
Provide hands-on phenotypic and genetic analysis, as well as validation of estimation set accuracy. 5. Provides management, scientific leadership and creativity when initiating, designing, and executing research within / across projects.
6. Monitors research progress and meets with participating researchers to identify problems and opportunities impacting the business unit.
7. Remains current on new technology by participating in professional meetings, career development activities and by encouraging others to bring information into research activities 8.
Communicates with Research Leadership, Business Unit contacts, and external collaborators on progress of product opportunities and makes recommendations.
9. Provides support and be aligned to safe working practices. 10. Contribute to team-work at the station level as well as country level.
Qualifications + PhD in plant breeding or plant genetics or scientific field and 2-4 years industry related experience.Post doctoral experience may serve as industry related experience.
We offer very good hiring conditions in a company characterized by technological innovation, high quality in human relations and excellence in the work environment.
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come.
Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building / participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet.
With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
GrowWhatMatters Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit : Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants : See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.
S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here