Learnlight is an EdTech company that provides language, intercultural and soft skills training to leading companies and organizations around the world. We deliver blended virtual, blended face-to-face, and digital solutions to 100,000+ learners in 1500+ clients across 150+ countries. We specialize in the digital transformation of learning programs and the empowerment of talent to excel in an increasingly complex global environment.
The goal of this position is to boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth by seeking new business opportunities through lead generation and follow up, and by contacting and developing relationships with existing and potential customers, according to the guidelines and vision of the department Head of Sales.
The Business Developer should use a high level of communication and organization skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal, and ensure proper after-sales service.
This position will also support cross-sell opportunities and strategies in partnership with Client Relationship Managers.
- Develop and manage a targeted prospect list of clients and build pipeline rapidly by leveraging existing contacts and identifying new leads
- Execute our commercial strategy to open or expand target markets within global mobility and managed service providers
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Conduct research to identify opportunities and anticipate future trends
- Present our products and services to potential clients in the agreed verticals either by phone, virtually or in person
- Conduct needs analyses and partner with relevant internal colleagues to come up with the best offering for each client
- Prepare and handle all paperwork necessary to close deals (proposals, contracts, etc.)
- Build lasting relationships with influencers, stakeholders and decision makers of key client accounts
- Qualify and convert leads from marketing campaigns to sales opportunities
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Work with client relationship management and department Head of Sales to maximize cross-sell opportunities and develop sales strategies
- Close opportunities to meet and exceed yearly sales targets
- C2 level of English required
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of an outsourcing industry such as Global Mobility, Managed Services, Consulting, etc.
- Strategic, big picture and critical thinking skills
- Team-oriented, friendly/personable attitude, and ability to quickly build relationships
- Fantastic research skills
- Resolutive and can-do attitude
- Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative to complete complicated tasks with minimal supervision
- Willingness to quickly develop strong understanding of company's products or services and knowledge of their competition
- Creativity to develop solutions for existing clients, as well as identify and pursue new client opportunities
Education & Experience
- Proven track record of success in closing deals with Global Mobility, Managed Service Providers, LMS, ERP
- CRM system literacy
- Previous work experience in departments within the language/intercultural/skills training business
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- A/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales, International Relations or relevant field
- People-Powered Culture: We have a flat, modern, meritocratic culture that values enthusiasm, initiative and commitment above all else.
- Flexible Working: Learnlight is a fully distributed virtual business with staff in 30+ countries and offices in 9 European cities.
- Competitive Remuneration: We offer market-matching competitive salaries.
- Learning & Development: Personalized language and soft skills training; ongoing professional development talks and masterclasses; frequent coaching and constructive feedback.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Learnlight fosters an open, positive, and diverse community that welcomes talent regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Community Events: We offer a range of social events including Virtual Drinks, Book Club, Tea Time and in-person departmental and All Company meetups
- Location: Home-based
- Contract: Full-time, Freelance
- Schedule: +/- 2-3 hour from European time zone
Powered by JazzHR