- The Manager oversees and manages daily Supply Chain activities in the Latin America South Markets (Argentina, Chile and Uruguay). He/she a key Subject Matter Expert (SME) on International Logistics & Customer Service processes regarding daily supply chain activities, movements of Commercial Product throughout the Supply Chain, sales/cost analysis reporting , SOX and GDP compliance and ERP Super User activities.
- The role works closely with the Affiliate, International Commercial & Planning teams to ensure on time in full supply. Also leads cross functional projects focused on Logistics & Customer Service process and system improvements/implementations. He/she is the International Logistics representative on large scale global projects. Ensures that project milestones are defined & monitored.
- Drives cross functional alignment and on timeline commitments across departments (Commercial, Finance, SC Planning, S&OP, Logistics, Quality, IT, Product Security & Brand Protection, Packaging Engineering, Sourcing).
- The role have responsibility for overseeing and managing daily supply chain activities for the LAS markets; which encompasses: importations, order management, customer service, shipment management, sales administrative activities, creation and review of shipping documentation, reporting sales/cost analysis. Processing the necessary ERP transactions according to standard operating procedures and SOx compliance guidelines. Performing Financial Month End Reconciliation for his or her markets. Execute and guarantee that processes such as: funds request, import invoices control, 3PL invoice control, POs, issuing Credit/Debit memos are done according to procedures and SOXs compliance. The time spent managing market activities may vary based on business requirements
- Facilitates S&OP with affiliate
- Manages relationship with 3PL and Customs Broker
- This position is able to deal with high level of ambiguity and complexity, anticipates potential risks, develops corresponding contingency plans, and is capable of acting proactively in order to support strategic and complex decisions. The influencing and negotiation skills are important for this role as interactions and buy-in from different stakeholders and decision makers are key
- *Establish a trade compliance center of excellence and oversite for the LATAM region
- Adhere to country specific standard operating procedures for importing/exporting pre/clinical trial material, raw materials, and Finished Goods, including logistics, customs clearance and delivery times
- Adherence of import and export compliance policies and procedures for the organization
- Work daily with customs brokers and coordinate activities to resolve all issues that will result in customs or delivery delays
- Maintain records on all import and export transactions required for recordkeeping processes
- Monitor and provide response to Customs and other government agencies inquiries and requests
- Liaise with in-country coordinators/CRO’s to establish standard import and export requirements
- Track and maintain changes to regulations and define strategies to avoid potential intra-country conflicts
- Establish and execute regional audits to ensure compliance
- Provide Trade Compliance trainings and create awareness to improve operational performance
- Review contracts and task orders to ensure distribution supply chain lanes are aligned with the import/export regulations and business needs
1. Lead improvement projects focused on Logistics & Customer Service, to drive expanded capabilities and improve the efficiency of existing processes. Lead process / systems improvement team across departments (Commercial, Finance, SC Planning, S&OP, Logistics, Quality, IT, Product Security & Brand Protection, Packaging Engineering, Sourcing). Host (sub-) project team meetings, as well as topic specific meetings as required. Ensure that project milestones are defined, monitored and that risks are flagged to Management. Drive issue resolution & alignment of activites within the improvement project.
2. Overseeing and managing daily supply chain activities for International markets; which encompasses:importations, order management, customer service, shipment management, sales administrative activities, creation and review of shipping documentation, reporting sales/cost analysis. Processing the necessary ERP transactions according to standard operating procedures and SOx compliance guidelines. Perform Financial Month End Reconciliation for his or her markets. Execute and guarantee that processes such as: funds request, import invoices control, 3PL invoice control, POs, issuing Credit/Debit memos are done according to procedures and SOXs compliance. The time spent managing market activities may vary based on business requirements
3. Drive cost and system efficiency in working with Logistics Providers/Partners; whilst balancing cost effectiveness, quality of the services provided and customer expectations. Analyze cross functional and logistics processes and identify/implement solutions in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the supply chain and to ensure desired customer service levels are met..
4. Ensure compliance. Work with Quality Assurance and Global Trade Compliance to promote and maintain compliance.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Minimum educational level necessary to perform the job (High School diploma, Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Masters, PhD)
Minimum Experience Requirements (Minimum experience requirements necessary to perform the job)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or similar education required
- Lean Six Sigma/Green Belt is an asset
- Minimum 5 - 8 years working experience in a Logistics role with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience within an international and controlled environment is required
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to articulate recommendations and key decision points to senior management)
- Demonstrated experience reducing complex subjects to key points. Ability to work in fast paced environments and great organizational skills to effectively balance a broad range of projects and tasks in parallel
- Exceptional team player (ability to direct and participate in cross functional and management teams). Ability to develop a strong network across the company.
- Project Management experience and ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Experience with Supply Chain tools, preferably:
- Oracle, Hyperion, Business Object, TrackWise
- SAP. Excel.